Work With Us
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANTS
Box Office Assistants will staff the box office for The Pearl Theatre Company’s new 160-seat venue on West 42nd Street. These seasonal positions will run from early October to mid June with some breaks between productions. The performance schedule is 8 performances per week, Tuesday – Sunday. Box Office staff arrival time is 90 minutes prior to curtain through the wrap of each performance (about 30 minutes post-curtain time). These are part time positions. Compensation: $15/hour.
• Selling tickets via Patron Manager ticket software system
• Providing excellent customer service in person, on the telephone, and via email
• Addressing inquiries from The Pearl’s large subscriber base, as well as group sales and single ticket buyer inquiries
• Handling will-call pick up, telephone sales, and walk up sales
• Creating and printing daily reports
• Staying informed about all Pearl productions, promotions and vouchers
• Other box office duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1 year prior box office and/or customer service experience using a computerized ticketing system (i.e. Patron Manager, Tessitura, SmartTix, etc.)
• Well-spoken, articulate
• Good with numbers
• Accurate cash handling
• Computer literate (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Friendly outgoing personality and enjoy working with the public
• Professional appearance
• Discretion in working with confidential information
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with "Box Office Assistant" in the subject line. The Pearl deeply values workplace diversity and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
General Audition Information
All General Auditions for the 2012-2013 season are completed.
Please see our submission guidelines to be considered for casting opportunities for the upcoming season.
Headshot and resume submissions are accepted on a rolling basis via mail ONLY. Please do not electronically submit your headshot and resume for consideration unless the casting notice requests it.
The Pearl operates in accordance with LORT D rules with Actors’ Equity Association.
- The Pearl holds Equity Principal Auditions annually, usually April or May.
- Headshot and resume submissions are accepted by mail for consideration.
- Agent submissions are requested as particular roles are available.
The Pearl considers non-union actors primarily for Acting Apprenticeships. Acting Apprentices understudy specific roles in season productions and receive a modest stipend (reimbursement for travel expenses) and EMC points as permitted by Actor's Equity Association.
- Non-Equity Actors are seen at annual Equity Principal Auditions, as time permits.
- Non-Equity actors may submit their headshot and resume by mail for consideration.
We enthusiastically endorse non-traditional casting. Different-abled, mature, and ethnically diverse actors are strongly encouraged to submit and audition.
- ALL Actors are to prepare two brief monologues.
- One must be classical (Shakespeare is preferred), the second piece may be classical or contemporary.
- Combined length for both pieces must be less than two minutes.
For questions, please call our Audition Hotline at 212.505.3401 ext. 30. Please do not leave a voicemail on this hotline.
Photo by Gregory Costanzo