Work With Us
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANTS
Box Office Assistants will staff the box office for The Pearl Theatre Company’s new 160-seat venue on West 42nd Street. These seasonal positions will run from early October to mid June with some breaks between productions. The performance schedule is 8 performances per week, Tuesday – Sunday. Box Office staff arrival time is 90 minutes prior to curtain through the wrap of each performance (about 30 minutes post-curtain time). These are part time positions. Compensation: $15/hour.
• Selling tickets via Patron Manager ticket software system
• Providing excellent customer service in person, on the telephone, and via email
• Addressing inquiries from The Pearl’s large subscriber base, as well as group sales and single ticket buyer inquiries
• Handling will-call pick up, telephone sales, and walk up sales
• Creating and printing daily reports
• Staying informed about all Pearl productions, promotions and vouchers
• Other box office duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1 year prior box office and/or customer service experience using a computerized ticketing system (i.e. Patron Manager, Tessitura, SmartTix, etc.)
• Well-spoken, articulate
• Good with numbers
• Accurate cash handling
• Computer literate (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Friendly outgoing personality and enjoy working with the public
• Professional appearance
• Discretion in working with confidential information
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with "Box Office Assistant" in the subject line. The Pearl deeply values workplace diversity and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
General Audition Information
All General Auditions for the season are completed.
Please see our submission guidelines to be considered for casting opportunities for the upcoming season.
Headshot and resume submissions are accepted on a rolling basis via mail ONLY. Please do not electronically submit your headshot and resume for consideration unless the casting notice requests it.
The Pearl operates in accordance with LORT D rules with Actors’ Equity Association.
- The Pearl holds Equity Principal Auditions annually, usually April or May.
- Headshot and resume submissions are accepted by mail for consideration.
- Agent submissions are requested as particular roles are available.
The Pearl considers non-union actors primarily for Acting Apprenticeships. Acting Apprentices understudy specific roles in season productions and receive a modest stipend (reimbursement for travel expenses) and EMC points as permitted by Actor's Equity Association.
- Non-Equity Actors are seen at annual Equity Principal Auditions, as time permits.
- Non-Equity actors may submit their headshot and resume by mail for consideration.
We enthusiastically endorse non-traditional casting. Different-abled, mature, and ethnically diverse actors are strongly encouraged to submit and audition.
- ALL Actors are to prepare two brief monologues.
- One must be classical (Shakespeare is preferred), the second piece may be classical or contemporary.
- Combined length for both pieces must be less than two minutes.
Photo by Gregory Costanzo